Tuesday, June 24, 2008

you like the bike?

I know you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats for the last 24 hours wondering if we found my bike. Well, we DID! We drove to Lawrence after work tonight, and picked up my new wheels. Beautiful!

Now, for those of you that don't know the rules of bike buying the right way, listen up:

1. Never buy a bike at the first shop. The 3rd shop is the best bet.
2. Always get there with only a minute or two to spare. Skate in no sooner than 20 minutes before closing.
3. Don't listen when one shop says you won't find another Trek 1.2 WSD 50 cm in the entire nation. Follow steps 1 & 2 and you will get a sweet bike. Repeat if necessary.

I'm really not sure why steps 1 and 2 work, but they do. Some people might say you have less time to get a feel for the bike if you follow piece of advice #2. Pish posh - you must be skating in. It's just the way the bike energy is flowing.

P.S. Our bikes are named Gus and Betty.

1 comment:

GrantMasterFlash said...

Whoa, total mindfreak!

When I was a kid I had named my three wheelers Bus and Gutty!

Small world if you ask me.