Saturday, August 2, 2008

weather advisory!

Hi guys. Recall that during the Okoboji Cycling Classic 50 mi ride we did, the weather was crazy, and a wind advisory was in effect? Well, see if you can pick up on this pattern. There's an excessive heat warning in KC until Monday night, and this morning we rode 44 miles. Yep. It was a training ride for the MS 150, so everyone was ramping up like we are. We started at 135th and Roe, then went deep into Kansas. I know that people say that state is flat as a pancake, but this route had some serious hills, especially for about 10 miles near the middle of the ride. At one point I almost ran over a dead armadillo. I looked down and for one second thought someone ahead tossed out a rubber chicken to play a trick on me! All I saw was that poor guy's belly so the resemblance was striking.

Speaking of playing tricks and being funny on the bike, I think it's time to mix up the signalling. Instead of shouting "hole" and pointing down to indicate a break in the road, I prefer to yell "fire in the hole" while doing a hand grenade tossing gesture. When riding as the team lead, hand windmills are much more fun than yelling "clear" when approaching an intersection. This really keeps things more interesting, I think. Any other suggestions? I'm sure Grant's got something...

So now we're just chilling on the couch in the a/c. Woohooweeeeee.

1 comment:

GrantMasterFlash said...

I would probably dodge the hole and encourage everyone to go "Look Ma, No Hands!" That way they can't dodge the obstacle in time and we can measure everyone's true character.

Also a good way to sniff out moles among your friends (besides poison).